Dealing with a car accident can be a headache. With the following instructions, you will be able to handle the situation more smoothly.
1. Take pictures of the scene of the accident and your injuries. This will help you have some proof to help explain your side of the story.
2. Take notes of everything, including: names, contact info, injuries, medical diagnoses, treatments, medications you have taken, missed days from work, changes in your everyday routine, etc.
3. Contact your insurance company right away to let them know of your car accident. Make sure you have your notes ready when you call.
4. Seek medical treatment right away after your injury. Your health is the most important thing you should be concerned about. If you delay the process, it can be a hindrance to your recovery, and to your case.
5. Find a personal injury lawyer to help you with the process. Car accident cases are done on a contingency basis meaning that you do not have to pay anything for the legal service until the lawyer has won the case for you. This also means there is NO cost if there is no recovery.
6. Do not sign anything until you have reviewed it with your lawyer. If you sign some documents, you can give up certain rights in the future, so do not attempt to handle anything yourself.
Read More: http://goo.gl/YLerml
With more than 20 years of combined legal experience, personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Payab & Associates have successfully employed an assertive, methodical approach to help injured victims recover generous settlements and jury verdicts.